THE ADVENTURE OF GETTING ATTENTION
In a world where attention is money, standing out among all the things vying for our customers’ attention is challenging. How can we compete for attention with the cat videos on YouTube, the cute baby pictures on social media, and the inbox full of emails from our competitors? If we listen to our customers and observe the current trends, we have a much stronger chance of grabbing their attention.
DAZED AND DISTRACTED
- The average attention span of your client is 8 seconds, down from 12 seconds in 2000.
- The average attention span of a goldfish is 9 seconds.
- The average time spent on a website is 10-20 seconds.
- The average office worker checks their email 30 times an hour.
- The average phone user picks up their phone 1,500 times a week.
Clearly, your customer has an ever-shrinking attention span and can become quickly distracted. On a positive side, your client base is likely getting on their email or phone a lot. If you can communicate quickly and powerfully, you have the chance to reach them.